Sunday 4 November 2012

Paranoid Tortoise Update

Thought Id do a little drop of the Art (and design) I've been working on in my class group, Paranoid Tortoise.

We've progress pretty far with a concept document deadlined for Wednesday and we are on track.

Our game, working titled "Ood", is a companion game based on a small child protagonist and his companion Ood, a Faun. (Or at least our version of such.) 


I wont go into much of the mechanics or games design here until later in the project, but for now here is some conceptual art I've been working on. As bad as it is. 

The game will have a very stylized cell-shaded, almost cartoon look and feel. As a result I've done my best to style these initial sketches roughly playing with different shapes and designs for the characters. 

Shading was kept to a minimal in the interests of time and patience. 







Started to like the designs of the characters and kept them consistent in the next few. Also attempted to emulate how we would go about modelling the forest and using the flat cell shaded colours in place of textures. 

I have mixed feelings about its success. 





Oh you!

Our document will probably get featured on the company blog, as soon as we`re ready to post something, but for now here is the cover of it:


Thats all for the Art I suppose right now, Ill be working on doing some more drawings over the next few days. I'm not really loving the quality of the results but with time pressures, need to move quickly to ensure momentum is kept up.

Takes me way to long to draw mediocrity. 


Ill make a new post about design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment